Friday, September 18, 2009

About The Hiatus...

Last post you'll find here I was promising to deliver the third part of my time-travel rant early in the second week of June. So yeah... epic fail on my part. This would be just about the eightieth time on this blog that I would be apologizing for my slacking. But this time... I'm not saying sorry. Mainly because I'm writing this to a very small audience (if any), but also because the past three months have been kind of hectic for me to say the least. By that, I mean, I was transitioning from confused high school graduate to even more confused college newcomer--- not that I was especially busy throughout the summer, but just... distracted I guess. Welcoming the thoughts of my future college experience (which I'm now living out here in Loudonville, NY at Siena College). So that's the reason for my lack of blogging all summer long. Eventually I probably will try to decipher the time travel theories for a third time but first I need to re-familiarize myself with the theories I was trying to prove, which is a very time-consuming process (at least for me). So don't hold your breath. This post right now is mainly concerned with these logistical issues that I'm not saying sorry for, so if you saw this new entry and got super excited for more of my ingenius insight, then you already stopped reading. If you are reading this far, however, you deserve SOMETHING. So just for you... here's an update on my college experience.
I arrived in Loudonville with my fair share of hesitation and anxiety, but with a greater amount of hope and excitable energy that I think even rubbed off on some of my family. The campus was just as I remembered it, except now it was a bit more hectic. Kinetic energy abounded. Nervous students flocked to get their room keys; agitated parents unloaded refrigerators and TVs from their cars; my grandmother sat in the rented van with a window cracked like a dog (the way she wanted it). My new life, little did I know, had officially begun. I met people that day who were complete strangers. A day later, we were inseparable. We knew each other since birth, or at least so it seemed. I joked around with them like I would with my own family. Two days later, we were going to the mall and to the movies together. Giant games of Apples to Apples ensued; running around from dorm to dorm to dorm; having dinner with so many people it made my family's Thanksgiving dinner table look small. A new family started. I met brilliant professors who have already made an impact on me. My room really isn't as bad as a jail cell. The food here is pretty great. But all of that means nothing without having people to share it with. I consider myself lucky to have such great people to begin the most important journey of my life with. And in the immortal words of Mr. Sherman Klump, "Good morning!"

No comments:

Post a Comment